The most rapid (but most disruptive to the occupant) are smoke bombs (fumigation) however if the exterminator doesn't fumigate every unit in your building — the roaches will simply move next door until the fumes die down, then come back (along with their new friends) to your place. We employ several techniques and tools to get rid of cockroaches. One strategy is for our pest control professional to partner with the homeowner to reduce the cockroach attractants. Sources like kitchen food, pet food dishes, drains, dishwashers, trash cans, etc. should be maintained, cleaned and/or stored properly. Another step is to determine the source or entry point for the cockroaches, as until this is done the success of the treatment is reduced. Some cockroaches, like the German cockroach, are primarily carried into the home. Homeowners should be careful to inspect items such as used furniture or appliances for cockroaches before bringing them home. Outdoor cockroaches may invade under doors and through open windows. Homeowners and the pest control professionals should collaborate to seal up the home as much as possible. Pest control professional also can employ traps such as glue boards in areas where cockroaches may travel or hide. Yet another tool can be proper applications of products such as baits and residuals to cracks/crevices, harborage areas and the exterior of the home. The actual plan and time to get rid of cockroaches will vary by home and situation, but will require diligence and may require a second visit to eliminate 2nd generation insects hatched from eggs.
1) Instant knock out spray to dislodge and kill any cockroaches that are present.
2) We lay insecticide dust (long lasting 24/7, leave down until there are no more cockroaches).
3) Baited traps to poison the cockroaches still in the house. (instant kill. pet and child safe)
4) Sticky pads to catch large numbers of cockroaches (e.g. in kitchens)
5) Apply strong insecticide down sinks/toilets etc (no need to remove septic tank lids)
External: (patios, gardens and open areas at additional charge)
Cockroaches in external spaces are difficult to eradicate for a number of reasons. For example they may be flying into the garden, or climbing over walls from adjacent properties. They can often be found at night walking along pavements or crawling out from underneath drain covers in the street. So treatment will at best only reduce their numbers.
6) Cockroach Mass Extinction Box (clears large areas around pools, communal gardens and reduces numbers in septic tanks, pipes and drains)